Nothing is perfect, including Microsoft's Surface for Windows 8 Pro ultrabook, but it does have some nice features.
Here's a list of some them.
1. It supports the full version of Windows 8 and therefore any applications that run on Windows 7.
2. Has enough horsepower to run Windows 7 in a virtual machine for those who hate Windows 8.
3. It can join business network domains, which is a BYOD plus.
4. Two choices of keyboards which are removable and can swing 180 degrees to fold under the device for tablet and notebook use. A switch in the hinge shuts off the keyboard when it is folded back.
5. 720p front- and rear-facing cameras.
6. Support for USB 3.0.
7. The video/audio out port supports true HD at 2560 x 1440 external displays, which is better than the 1920 x 1080 screen on Surface Pro itself.
8. It's compact, thin and relatively light at 2 pounds.
9. A power-supply USB port enables charging devices when it's inconvenient to tie up the single USB port in the edge of Surface Pro.
10. The magnesium case seems sturdy and solid.
Tim Greene covers Microsoft for Network World and writes the Mostly Microsoft blog. Reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org and follow him on Twitter @Tim_Greene.
This story, "10 things we LOVE about the Surface Windows 8 Pro" was originally published by Network World.